So for all of you who are worried or have inquired about what's going on with Baby Girl and me here ya go . . . .
Today I had my 37 week check up with an ultrasound. The baby hasn't been moving much so the Dr.s wanted to keep checking that everything is fine and that she is growing. So last weeks ultrasound checked out good- she weighed 6lbs 3 oz and now she weighs 6lbs 12oz. So she is gaining weight just fine. The ultrasound tech also looks at the amount of fluid, umbilical cord size, baby's head and belly size, heart, and "practice breaths" Everything was perfect today except for the breaths so then that meant I needed to have another test called a Non Stress Test or NST. So they hooked me up to the NST machine and watch the baby's heart and monitor her movements. She proved to them that she wasn't much of a mover. She only moved twice in a half hour. So next week we will have the same routine. Even though I spent 2 1/2 hours at the office I know that everything is fine!
Other things the Dr wanted me to be aware of was that this delivery could go faster than Corbin's and that because I'm Group B Postive I need to be given antibiotics BEFORE I deliver and since I went so fast with Corbin he is worried that I won't get the antibiotics in and therefore the baby could get infected. So he told me to come to the hospital sooner . . .funny since I didn't think I was really in labor with Corbin. But now I know at least what those contractions felt like so I will try and get in sooner so that I can get the antibiotics. He also said that if my water doesn't break on it's own they will delay in breaking it until the antibiotics have made it in my system and to the baby. Which is about 3 hours! So then i'm thinking maybe I might get an epidural if I have to wait longer than with Corbin. So i'm really confused on what's going to happen! and I hope I make it in time for baby girl to get her antibiotics.
So wish me luck!!
6 comments:
Exciting times! Good luck!
Yikes... isn't it so much fun waiting...not! With Zack I got to the hospital at 5am and he came out at 6! Way fast. Hopefully yours won't be so fast! I hope everything goes well! I am excited for you! You definitely don't look 9 mos prego!
My babies come within 1 hr. I had to have antibiotics with my last one too. I was already at a 5-6 and was 3 1/2weeks early. So, they sent me in to have her and gave me the shot. Then I waited, in the hospital!! BORING!! Then they broke my water and she was born 45 minutes later!
Good luck wit everything!
What a cute prego picture of you, Courtney. I'm so sorry you have to worry about the whole antibiotics thing before labor. What a pain. Good luck with everything! Love you!
Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine. And my goodness, you look cute!
OH! I'm so excited for you. I bet everything will go just fine, but I know it can be stressful!
Post a Comment