Yes Courtney can can! I spent the last week canning peaches- 24 quarts so far! And with the help of my mom I have canned green beans too! I love seeing the beautiful jars on my pantry shelf. And come winter time it's almost hard to open the peaches and eat them because i know all the labor involved! but they are so yummy I open them anyway!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Can Courtney Can?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am officially impressed!
Courtney, way to go girl!! Keep going, you're going to need more than 24 to get your year supply.
Love ya,
KIm
Awesome! I wanna can peaches next. Who knows when that will happen. For now the store bought ones will have to do. I know how you feel about eating your hard work. This morning I was dishing up some pears for Brooklynn and I dropped one on the floor!! Oh, I was so sad.....but down the drain it had to go. I'll be more careful next time. Enjoy those peaches!
When I was young, we always had canned peaches on hand. They were always the best.
Oh ya, I knew your hubby in school, and worked with him out at the mall in the information booth. Good times.
Holy Crap!! Look at how long your hair is!!
The peaches look yummy too :)
And I LOVE that picture of Moose in the hot tub - SO CUTE!!
Could you can a few for me and send them down to AZ!!! I miss canning with you in Boise, such a mess we made but so fun. I think
this is the longest I have ever seen your hair, looks cute. I love, love, love little moose.
lOveS
Natalie
Wow...Courtney I am impressed. Jan can only can when Todd is right there by her side to prevent her from canning screw ups! (I think I rely on him too much) but I am super proud of you...your peaches look awesome! Sckinco skink is pretty stinkin handsome too.
Good for you! That's great. There is so much time involved. I haven't canned in years!!
Oh my goodness...I came across your blog through Hilary's. She and I knew each other from the mission. And then I found Jill's, and Amie's, and Jami's. How fun to find all of you and see what you are up to. Looks like you are doing great. I am so happy for you.
--Sarah Hintze
Post a Comment